The Partnership includes 4 children centres.
- Epsom Sure Start Children's centre
- Meadow Sure Start Children's centre
- St Martin's Sure Start Children's centre
- Riverview Children's centre
Sure Start Children's Centres aim to support children under five and their families.
From pregnancy through to primary school, Children's Centres in Surrey are there to support you. You can access a range of services all in one place. As your child makes friends and learns as they play, you can get advice on family matters and find out about training opportunities.
Sure Start Children's Centres have helped lots of children and families in Surrey already.
"The children's centre has everything a family could need under one roof, company, professional advice, a friendly welcome and approachable staff; what more could anyone want?"Nicola, mum of three from Leatherhead.
The Children's Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
With well over 50 Sure Start Children's Centres in Surrey, your bound to have one near you !
Education and Childcare
- Sign posting to other local providers of early education and day care for children from 6 months to 5 years
- Lots of family fun and learning opportunities such as stay and play sessions, music and song, story times, baby clubs and special events
- Support for local OFSTED registered Childminders
Family Support and Outreach work
Support, advice and information for parents aimed at giving children the best possible start in life. This can be provided in your own home or at the Children's Centre by qualified Outreach Workers:
- Information on and access to local services for children under five and their families
- Parenting support including courses or just someone to talk to
- Access to dedicated under fives Outreach Workers
- Access for our Portuguese families with children under five to a specialist member of the team
Child and Family Health Services
We work closely with our local Health colleagues based in Epsom to support access to a range of healthcare services such as:
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Smoking Cessation
- Community Midwifery
- Health Visiting
The Children's Centre will work closely with Health colleagues in Epsom to provide workshops and advice on:
- Antenatal & Postnatal 'Bumps and Babes' sessions
- Sign posting to local breast feeding support
- Healthy Eating workshops and information
- Health & Safety
Links to Job centres and Training Providers
Coordinated services including:
- Advice on entering the workforce
- Personal one to one appointments with Job centre Plus Lone Parent Advisors
- Group sessions with advisors such as Citizens Advice Bureau
- Basic skills training
- Accredited training
All training where possible will be supported by CrÃ¨che facilities or funded approved childcare.
Epsom Sure Start Children's centre